Hints & tips
To ensure that you submit an award-winning application, here are some pointers from those in the know:
- Assume the judges have never met you and are not totally knowledgeable about your experience or your business.
- Use bullet points to make your entry easier to read rather than long, detailed text
- Explain each important point fully and clearly
- Keep it factual – include specific business highlights and quantify your achievements
- Get someone who is not in the same sector to read your submission to help ensure trade jargon is simplified and your presentation is in an easy-to-read format
- Don't forget the entry deadline – entries close on Friday 11 June so make a start today!
In light of the ongoing pandemic, the judging process for the CN Specialists Awards will take place virtually for 2021. The following categories will be judged with face-to-face virtual presentations from the shortlisted candidates:
- Apprentice of the Year
- Project of the Year by a Specialist Contractor (subcontract up to £2m)
- Project of the Year by a Specialist Contractor (subcontract from £2m to £5m)
- Project of the Year by a Specialist Contractor (subcontract over £5m)
All other categories will be judged via a closed roundtable session with our judging panels and they will be reviewing your written entry.