Apprentice of the Year
This category is open to UK apprentices working for specialist contractors or specialist subdivisions of main contractors that file individual accounts at Companies House.
This category recognises outstanding achievement by an apprentice who has been working in construction for three years or less, and entrants will be judged on their work between January 2020 and June 2021. Entries can be submitted by the apprentice or on their behalf by an employer and should include a recommendation from a senior person within their organisation.
Judges will be looking for evidence of the commitment the apprentice has shown to their role, to their own development and why they have stood out as one to watch in future.
Judges will be looking for evidence of:
- Dedication to their role
- Skill / specialism development
- Contribution to employer
- Contribution to project / team excellence
- The judges will give additional consideration for any other stand-out performance that particularly merits this award
For supporting material, please attached at least three high res photographs or image.
In light of the ongoing pandemic and continuance/uncertainty of the nation’s third lockdown, the judging process for the CN Specialists awards will take place virtually for 2021. The following categories will be judged with face-to-face virtual presentations from the shortlisted candidates;
- Apprentice of the Year
- Project of the Year by a Specialist Contractor (subcontract up to £2m)
- Project of the Year by a Specialist Contractor (subcontract from £2m to £5m)
- Project of the Year by a Specialist Contractor (subcontract over £5m)
All other categories will be judged via a closed roundtable session with our judging panels and they will be reviewing your written entry.